- Deposits the executed deed to the buyer with the settlement agent.
- Deposits evidence of pest inspection and any required repair work, if applicable.
- Deposits other required documents such as tax receipts, addresses of mortgage holders, any state or federal required documentation, etc.
- Deposits the funds required, in addition to any borrowed funds, to pay the purchase price with the settlement agent.
- Deposits funds sufficient for home and title insurance.
- Arranges for any borrowed funds to be delivered to the settlement agent.
- Deposits any deed of trust or mortgages necessary to secure loans.
- Approves any inspection reports, the Preliminary Report for title insurance, etc., called for by the purchase and sale agreements.
- Fulfills any other conditions specified in the instructions.
The Lender (if applicable)
- Prepares loan document package for buyer/borrower.
- Deposits proceeds of the loan with the settlement agent.
- Directs the settlement agent on the conditions under which the loan funds may be used.